About Me

Hey there!

My name is Carly Masters. I am 21 years old and I am a senior at Brigham Young University studying Theatre Arts Studies. I actually just got married this past June, so technically my name is now Carly Bohne, but I still haven't gotten around to changing my name! I was born and raised in Orange County, California, only about 10 minutes from Disneyland and 15 minutes from Newport Beach. I love music, hanging out with friends, movies, sweet treats, and traveling.

I have always loved theatre, ever since I was a little girl. My mom put me in a musical theatre program when I was 8 years old and my love for the performing arts just multiplied from there. I had such an amazing experience in my youth theatre program growing up that when it was time for me to decide what I wanted to do with my life, I knew that I wanted to create that same experience for others by one day running a youth theatre company of my own. Because of that, I have tried to do all that I can to get experience in teaching and working with young children and the youth during my time at BYU. Last year, I worked as a teacher's assistant at the youth theatre company Center Stage Youth Performers in Pleasant Grove. This semester, I am working as an Arts Bridge Scholar where I have been assigned a 1st grade class at Orem Elementary to teach lessons to integrating both theatre arts as well as their core standards of learning.

I am so excited to embark on this journey and I cannot wait to meet all of the kids and to learn from them each time I visit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arts Bridge Visit #1

Arts Bridge Visit #2

Arts Bridge Visit #4 - October 26th